Monday, November 23, 2015

All of the Fall Things

There's nothing that says fall more than pumpkin and gingersnaps.  If you ask me, I could eat gingersnaps year-round.  But with fall, comes all the fall flavors, and gingersnaps are no exception.  I whipped this pie up in {no joke} 10 minutes.  I quickly put gingersnaps in a food processor, with a little added white sugar and melted butter.  I pressed the mixture firmly in my new {super cute} mini pie dish, and tossed it in the oven for a quick 7 minutes.  During that time, I let two ice creams--Vanilla and Pumpkin Pie {if you haven't tried Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pie Ice-cream, run--don't walk--to your nearest Trader Joe's and pick up a pint}--defrost a little.  I let the pie crust chill, and filled it with all vanilla ice-cream.  Because I didn't want to ruin an upcoming pumpkin pie {coming to the blog soon}, I opted to just drizzle in the Pumpkin Pie Ice-cream, just to add a touch of the pumpkin flavor. I then covered with plastic wrap, and let freeze overnight.  The juxtaposition of the crunchy crust and creamy filling was simply perfection.




 bon appétit,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment