Tuesday, August 25, 2015

If you can't take the heat . . .

With temperatures soaring into the mid-90's every day, I often come to a dilemma in the kitchen: How can I create something delicious without the overbearing heat of the oven?  I don't know about you, but I would rather not sweat while cooking/baking. And though I probably didn't start this pie baking journey at the right time of the year, I had to come up with an alternative to using the oven {most pies start cooking at over 400 degrees and take up to an hour}.  I thought if I could come up with a batch of no-bake pie recipes, I could kick the dilemma to the curb, give my oven a break, and stop suffering from this unbearable heat {at least until the temps start to drop}.

As I said a couple of posts ago, when I stumbled upon this blog,  I felt that I hit the jackpot.  In searching for a pie that required little-to-no oven time, I stumbled upon this recipe for a chocolate dusted peanut butter pie.  I knew the timing for making this pie was just right for two reasons: the crust only required a 5-7 minute baking time and the filling was quick and easy.  And the best part: IT WAS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

So if you can't take the heat, you don't have to get out of the kitchen--giving your oven a break can be just as delicious.





bon appétit,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment