Monday, August 10, 2015

Banana Cream Pie with a Salted Whiskey Caramel

When I first started baking, I didn't own a single cook book {indeed, I still don't own one}.  So I resorted to lots of blog reading, trying to acquire a collection of recipes that looked simple, yet delicious.  When I came upon this blog, I knew I hit the jackpot of food blogs.  I quickly found myself saving several recipes, and every week I get drawn into the beautiful pictures, posts, and new recipes.

So when I stumbled upon this recipe, I immediately knew it would be a pie I would make during this pie baking journey {though I had no idea it would be my second pie!}.  While I haven't quite found a bourbon cocktail that I enjoy on its own, I've never found a bourbon dessert I didn't like, and this one  did not disappoint!  The richness of the pudding, the crunchiness of the crust, and the sweetness of the whipped cream, all topped with a whiskey caramel, combined together made the perfect treat after a light dinner.


















bon appétit,
Kelsey




1 comment:

  1. I was lucky enough to be with Kelsey when she made this pie and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete