Monday, January 4, 2016

Sweet Cream Pie

For Christmas, my mom made up the cutest package of pie baking essentials, including pie print tea towels, a new pie dish and carrier, and a pie recipe book {which was long overdue.  I guess bye, Pinterest, hello Hoosier Mama Pies}.  And while I eventually want to start testing my own recipes, this book provided a great start to get creative with different recipes, including numerous suggestions for substitutes.  I knew I wanted to continue to perfect the pie crust this week {check out last week's post about the class I took}, so I kept the filling simple {a quick stir of heavy cream, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and flour}.  While the pie was a bit too sweet for me {I shouldn't be surprised with those ingredients}, the {almost perfect} flaky crust made up for it!

P.S.  While i'm usually a "peeker" at Christmas {I hate being surprised--I'd rather know what I get months ahead of time} my mom completely surprised me and gifted me this camera.  I only shot the final pic of this pie with my new camera, but I look forward to much better quality pictures for the blog in future posts {and not just pictures of the LCD screen}!







bon appétit,
Kelsey





No comments:

Post a Comment