Monday, January 4, 2016

Perfecting The Pie {Crust}

I headed north {Boston to be exact} to celebrate the holidays at home.  Before this pie baking journey began, my mom asked if I wanted to take a baking class at King Arthur Flour in Vermont while I was home.  I quickly jumped on the opportunity, and when the December class schedule was posted, I was ecstatic to see "Easy as Pie," which fit in perfectly to our jam-packed schedule.  The class' main focus was perfecting the pie crust {which, lets be honest, I'm not even close to perfecting even after eighteen pies}.  I learned new tips and tricks that have definitely progressed my pie-dough-making skills {I knew pie dough was tricky, but there really are so many intricate details of how the dough should look, feel, the size of the butter, the strings of gluten, etc, it was all a bit overwhelming.  Walking away with just a few tricks to help my pie crusts was a win in my book}.  We baked two different pies {A traditional Pumpkin Pie and an Apple, Pear, Cranberry Pie with a Double Crust}.  My mom took the class, too, so we left with four {4!!!} pies, which were all devoured by the end of my visit.






Recipe c/o King Arthur Flour

bon appétit,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment